Do you know your Block Captain? Would you like to be a Block Captain? Do you know YOU are the Eyes and Ears of your street?
Do you know what police precinct is assigned to Cornerstone Village (CSV)?
Answer: The 5th precinct. The address is: 3500 Conner St. 48215; tel#: 313-596-5501
- Commander Eric Ewing – EwingE182@detroitmi.gov
- Captain Michael DiCicco – DiciccoM370@detroitmi.gov
- NPO Supervisor Sgt. Ursula Miller – MillerU660@detroitmi.gov
The Neighborhood Police Officers (NPO) are:
- Herman King – 313-643-0689 – KingH990@detroitmi.gov
- Karen Maxey – 313-643-0357 – MaxeyK248@detroitmi.gov
- Willie Soles – 313-600-5595
Do you know who your District 4’s Department of Neighborhoods leaders are and their respective functions?
- Letty Azar – District Manager – 313-236-3518 – AzarL@detroitmi.gov
- Dennis Perkins – Deputy Manager – 313-236-3520 Dperkins@detroitmi.gov
- Address: 5555 Conner (Wellness Building at the Samaritan Center)
They are responsible for your complaints of blight issues such as: abandoned houses/buildings, illegal dumping, overgrown lots, code enforcement, squatters, scrappers, and nuisance.
Do you know who your District 4’s Inspector is?
- Answer: Donnie Wright – 313-815-5542 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know who to contact for general city information?
- Answer: City of Detroit http://www.detroitmi.gov/ or call: 313-224-7128 or 313-224-3400
- Call 313-224-3400 for inquiries not listed in this document.
Do you know the number and email address of Mayor Mike Duggan?
- Answer: email@example.com or 313-224-3400
Do you know there are several mobile apps that will allow you to obtain information and help from the city?
- DPD Connect – connects you with the Detroit Police Department as well as other city services. Download this app for your IPhone or Android smartphone.
- Improve Detroit – (seeclickfix) Report non-emergency issues such as running water, potholes, etc. (Download this app for your IPhone or Android smartphone.)
- To Report an issue on Seeclickfix using the computer
Do you know who to call for information regarding a city ordinance if you do not have access to a computer?
Answer: City Clerk – 313-224-3260 or 313-224-3270
Do you know you can access an online library with ordinance codes for the city?
- Answer: The municode library [link]
- Go to the link above
- Click ‘view Detroit Code of Ordinances’,
- In the search window, enter a word describing the ordinance you are searching for, remember to keep it short. (for more info contact the City Clerk’s office at 224-3260 or 3270).
Do you know who to call if you have an unresolved complaint with city services?
- Answer: Office of Ombudsman at Coleman A. Young Municipal Center, 2 Woodward, Rm. 114 – 313-224-6000
Do you have information for the Detroit Crime Commission?
- Answer: Detroit Crime Commission, 28 W. Adams, Detroit, MI. Ste 300 – 313-888-9297 – https://detroitcrimecommission.org/
Do you know there is a Volunteer Security Patrol group that patrols the community?
- Answer: M.E.C. (Morningside, East English Village and Cornerstone Village) Security Patrol
- President: Jerome Anthony, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To join MEC, email: email@example.com
Do you know who to call if you see stray dogs roaming the street?
- Answer: Detroit Animal Control – 313-224-6356 (If no response or if a dangerous situation, call 911)
Do you know you can call Dept. of public works, Environmental Enforcement division at 313-876-0974? (remember to get a complaint/reference number or person’s name)
You can also report it on seeclickfix [link]
Do you know about the city ordinances for common issues?
| Debris and illegal dumping|
Call or Email your NPO or if you have a smartphone, leavean anonymous tip on DPD Connect
| Ordinance# 15-02, Sec. 22-2-83 (illegal dump) |
Sec. 22-2-88 (solid waste)
| Courville Containers left on street no sooner than 6 pm |
the day prior to the scheduled collection day & removed no later than p.m. the day of the collection?
|Ordinance# 15-02, Sec. 22-2-42|
|High weeds and grass|
Basketball rims in the streets or on the curb
|Ordinance code 1964, section 50-1-12|
|Do you know there is a city ordinance against excessive |
loud noise? (Call or Email your NPO or if you have a
smartphone, leave an anonymous tip on DPD Connect )
|Ordinance# 8-01, Sec. 36-1-1|
|Do you know that BBQ Grills in the front of a property & open burning are not allowed? (You can report this by contacting Councilman Spivey’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org ) and they will send a warning to the address||Ordinance# Chap 19, Article 1, Div. 10, Section 19-1-111 through 19-1-115|
|You can also report these code violations via |
Do you know the Detroit Police has a special number and email address to report illegal scrapping, graffiti and dumping activities?
Do you know there is a special hotline for citizens to call and report abandoned vehicles and request special enforcement for illegally parked vehicles?
- Answer: Division 4 Section 55-6-85 of the City Code call: 313-221-2558 or 221-2579.
- You can also report it on seeclickfix[link]
(Enforcement officers will respond within 30 minutes in most cases (A vehicle is deemed abandoned if: the vehicle is on a public street, highway, alley, or public place for 48 continuous hours or more and appears to be unclaimed, discarded or deserted.)
Do you know who to call to report damaged or missing stop signs, street name signs or any other traffic control signs?
- Answer: Dept. of Public Works, Traffic Engineering Sign Shop – 313-224-1610
Do you know who to call about trash, bulk, yard waste and recycling collection?
- Answer: GFL (Green For Life)
- Questions? Call: 1–844-GO-GFLUSA (844-464-3587) or email: email@example.com
Do you know who to contact for city sidewalk complaints?
- Answer: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dept of Public Works at 313-224-3949
Do you know who to call to report a burned out or broken Street Light?
- Answer: The Detroit Public Lighting Authority (PLA) at 313-324-8290 (remember to get a complaint/reference # or person’s name)
- You can also report it on seeclickfix [link]
Do you know who to call to report Illegal water use (theft)?
- Answer: Detroit Water and Sewerage – 313-267-8000 (remember to get a complaint/reference # or person’s name)
- For general questions, you can contact Bryan Peckinpaugh, DWSD Public Affairs Manager, email: email@example.com (He is also on Nextdoor)
Do you know who to call to report illegal use of Electricity / Heating?
- Answer: DTE Power theft hotline – 313-235-9113
(remember to get a complaint/reference number or person’s name)
Do you know who to call to verify HUD property and report complaints on that HUD property?
- Answer: FHA Resource Center – 1-800-225-5342 (remember to get a complaint/reference number or person’s name)
Do you know who to call to report suspicious activity anonymously?
- Answer: Crime Stoppers – 1-800-773-2587 – www.1800speakup.org
Do you know the website for the Online Auction? (you can also purchase side lots)?
- Answer: http://www.buildingdetroit.org
- (Also includes resources and helpful links regarding property ownership) LINK
*This is not campaigning for candidates; these representatives currently service our area.*
Do you know your state representatives in this area and do you know they have attended the CSV meetings?
- Answer: Tenisha Yancey (Dist. 1) – 1-888-254-5291 or 1-517-373-0154 – https://housedems.com/yancey
- Answer: Joe Tate (Dist. 2) – 1-517-373-1776 http://006.housedems.com/tate (Liaison is Tewonia Evans)
Do you know Your Wayne County Commissioner that is in this area and do you know he attends the CSV meetings?
- Answer: Tim Killeen – 313-224-0920
Do you know Your Wayne County Clerk that is in this area and do you know her Assistant has attended the CSV meeting?
- Answer: Cathy Garrett – 313-224-6262
- (Liaison is Abena Hogan)
Do you know Your District 4 Councilmember that is in this area and do you know he (and/or his Assistant) attends the CSV meeting?
- Answer: Andre’ Spivey – 313-224-4841
- (Liaison is Kesha McKinney)
- Andre Spivey / District 4 [link]
Do you know Councilmember Spivey has a website for District 4?
- Answer: Yes, it’s called www.detroitd4.com
Do you know Your State Senator in this area and do you know that she attends the CSV meetings?
- Answer: Stephanie Chang – 1-517-373-7346 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liaison is Janlynn Miller – email@example.com
Do you know Your Police Commissioner that is in this area and do you know he has attended the CSV meetings?
- Answer: Willie Bell – 313-268-8831 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know the 5th Precinct Police Community Relations Council meet on the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7pm and it is open to the public? The meetings are at the Samaritan center, 5555 Conner (Kilpatrick room). The meetings are chaired by Jay Henderson. Please come hear community updates and voice your concerns with the 5th precinct.
Do you know the Cornerstone Village’s website?
Answer: You are here
Do you know the Cornerstone Village’s Facebook page?
Do you know there is a Nextdoor Community page for Cornerstone Village?
- Answer: Yes! With this network, you can share community information with CSV and surrounding communities.
- You will be informed of the latest information. And you will be able to express your views in a respectable setting.
- Email email@example.com to join
Do you know there is a link to make a Donation to CSV using PayPal?
You can also send a check or money order donation to:
Cornerstone Village, P.O. Box 36696, Detroit, MI. 48236-0696
You can designate a donation for specific purposes:
- General Funds
- Newsletter Printing & Distribution
- Board-up Projects
- Graphic Arts Design & Projects
- Cornerstone Village Signs
- Photos and Presentation Materials
- Garden Fund
Contributions are appreciated and tax deductible to the extent of the law.
Do you know how to contact Jim Grenwick, The Cornerstone Village (CSV) President?
- Answer: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 313-882-1838
Do you know Cornerstone Village has a Community Garden?
The google maps location is: https://goo.gl/maps/hsnxAVnj3Ps
Cornerstone Village (CSV) meetings are held monthly on the 3rd Saturday 10 am at Love Rising Lutheran Church, 21230 Moross, Detroit, MI. 48236.
CSV is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization established in 1977 in Detroit. Our boundaries are Cadieux to Kingsville; I-94 to Mack Ave. The mission statement for our association is safety, harmony and beautification.
Empowerment – a quality proudly demonstrated by residents, actively working with officials for the betterment of the community.